Friday, March 23, 2007

Never mind

Today morning as i sat down to pen my thoughts [pen my thoughts? how funny it sounds, oh never mind, who am i kidding!], i seemed to realise that my mind was blank. It was devoid of any thoughts [Constructive and something which i can write about to be precise. I call that a blog thought]. I couldnt believe myself. I mean, i havent felt this tranquil blankness [no blog thoughts] for quite some time and its sudden unwarranted appearance baffled me all the same. As i strained myself to think of something, i could hear a thought knocking [Yes, there is supposedly a door in there somewhere that lets thoughts in!].

Wondering what it could be, i opened the door [Hypothetically of course]. It popped its head in and said "Hello there. I am a thought messenger [henceforth referred to as, TM] and i seem to have a message for you."

A TM? What in the world was that supposed to mean? All this was a strange experience and blank as i was, without much ado, i let the TM in.

"You seem to be having a little problem, as i see. No more blog thoughts eh?. Well i know whats happened to all of them. They have all gone on a vacation.", it said.

"Vacation? What an absolutely absurd statement! Thoughts cannot go on a vacation. I mean they do not go on a vacation", said i, hesitantly.

"Oh no, they very well can. They have a life of their own, you know. And afterall, dont they deserve a break from all the hard work they do for you", said the TM.

"A break? Hard work? hello? am i missing something here? Am i actually hearing you say all this or have i lost my mind?", i could feel that this conversation was steering towards something totally devoid of any logic. But nevertheless, i could not but help being carried away.

"I dont believe you at all" i said.

"Well, then think of something, any blog thought would do" said the TM [Well actually it was more of a snigger].

"Of course i will, in due course of time, i mean" said i. [I must be going crazy. This is not happening. Its a dream]

I closed my eyes and strained myself harder to concentrate on some thought [Hoping all the while that a darn thought would be back from its vacation! I had actually started to believe all this thoughts going on a vacation thing]. But i must say, it didnt work [Maybe the thoughts had gone to a far away land. Distances do matter, you know].

Not a single blog thought. As i opened my eyes slowly, i could see the sneering and triumphant look i got from the TM [Maybe it was thinking, you wanted proof, you got one, missy. And then another thought , more of a question, popped in saying, can a TM have thoughts? but then i wasnt impressed with its appearance as i was hoping for something better.]

"Where to?" i asked a little more baffled than i already was.

"Where to?" repeated the TM.

Now this was getting on my nerves. "Where have they all gone to for a vacation?" i questioned.

"Oh, that's confidential information, you see", said the TM jeeringly.

And then all the same, it got up, opened the door and left [Not fair, you owe me a good bye and i still have questions!].

But there i was, all alone, nothing to write about and nothing to think about. But i know this will pass soon.[As soon as my blog thoughts return, from their vacation, that is]

And yes, thoughts do need a break ! So if i dont make a post for a few days, its all coz my thoughts have decided to abandon me for an italian sojourn or some funfilled abode or maybe they have headed right for the cricket world cup! [Cant think of any darn good places too!! Not my fault in the least.]

1 comment:

Ketan said...

Very beautiful. Somewhere, midway of this "thoughtless" blog, I thought how I wish I could write like you, on second thoughts, it's better I sit back and enjoy, as you and your thoughts do all the hardwork. ;)