Monday, March 12, 2007

A fond memory

I remember that as a child, i loved puppies. Maybe i still do. But i am also scared of them. But back then, in my childhood that is, i had an imaginary puppy. This sweet, cute little dog was my best friend then. It had no name, or rather i preferred to call it by a new name everyday and it would respond as diligently as ever, as if it knew its name for the day, even before i had thought of it. Somedays it was as white as a fluffy cloud, somedays it was that light shade of brown glistening in the sun and somedays it was as black as the shining night. It could look like anything that i wanted it to, but it was the sweetest thing on earth for me. I also remember running around the neighbourhood, climbing trees and racing against it. Though now when i actually think about it, i am sure that the onlookers must have found it very wierd. To them it would have appeared as a little girl running around all alone, racing against herself, talking aloud. But even if they did find it wierd, they never let that out, maybe they just didnt want to spoil the little fun i was having. I would even play the traditional game "teacher teacher" as it was called in the bygone days. The puppy was my student. I wonder if little girls still play this game? Anyways, i dont know if all this "imaginary friend" thing is way too wierd, but i really care two hoots even if it is. To me, it has been a fond memory which brings a little smile on my face whenever i think of it. And thats all that matters. I dont know what triggered this memory , but i am thankful to whatever it was. It has made my day :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice article,i realy liked it.

Ketan said...

It's happened again and again that life presents me with yet another example of "ignorance is bliss", and yet it's knowledge that I've allkowed to guide myself, though I won't say my encounters with truth have been that saddening. TC.