Sunday, September 23, 2007

YOU and I

Sometimes i feel i was so wrong,
In feeling that i did belong,
In these dark woods of blissful life..

I did believe in fairies then,
In flying horses and wishing wells,
and i thought they were ever as true,
As the sun shining in the sky so blue

Sometimes the sun shone truly bright,
And brought into my life, a ray of light,
Sometimes the darkest clouds dread near,
and made my heart go limp with fear

I thought of you in the wilderness,
You were that beat my heart would not miss,
Thinking of you made me want to live,
A best shot at life i did want to give..

In days that passed i have come to see,
that all that was just a fantasy,
You chose our path shud never meet,
your efforts at this though i tried to beat...

They say, you can never lose something which you never had at all,
But i guess i did lose you afterall....

3 comments:

Ketan said...

I'd become emotionally very inert. Thinking of feelings (mine or someone else's) as just another phenomenon. This poem really penetrated through my months of learning and self-conditioning and me take notice of a pure (as in purely) purposeless emotion, and the beauty in it. Thanks! This might have just not make any sense, but am happy to have expressed what I felt. TC.

Just Me said...

I didn't know this could have such a profound effect on anyone. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks !

Ketan said...

It indeed did have a profound effect. I've been responding using my cell phone. And it's embarrassing to see my own glaring mistakes. Apologies!