Monday, April 16, 2007

If.....

what is it that makes me laugh,
     what is it that makes me cry

what is it that makes me live,
     through the days and nights alike?

if today was my only day,
     what would i really care to do?
go on living as yesterday or
     would i squander it all on you?

would i stop to smell the flowers,
     would i stop to feel the rain?
or would i dread the time thats passing
     and fear this will be never again?

if i were to speak my mind,
     what is it that i would say?
would i speak of this and that,
     or would i pour my heart away?

if i knew what makes me happy,
     fills my heart with laughter and play,
would i care to sing and frolic,
     and do just as my heart would say?

if i knew there was an angel,
     watching over me all the way,
would i care to share my fears,
     the ones that bring me down to tears?

if there really were no such questions,
     how different would my life be then?
if i really knew the answers,
     would i live differently then?

this again is just a question,
     that flutters through my wandrous mind,
never mind the questions or the answers,
     could i just start afresh again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Meena! I really didn't know you were such a prolific poet :)

Ketan said...

You have some courage, lady! I've not been able to come to terms with this fact of...life (may I?). It sent shiver down my spine. I can't even complain it's YOU who sacred me, unless of course, you manu credit for it ;)