Monday, May 25, 2009

Musings

have you ever wondered,
      if life is zooming past,
you are standing at the anvils,
      and the pace is just too fast

have you looked at the mirror,
      every single day of your life,
now staring back at you is a stranger,
      and you wonder, who is that?

have you always waged a battle,
      you against your fate,
then tired of the struggle,
      gave in, not feeling great

have you ever prayed so hard,
      and bet your odds against it all,
and saw your prayers answered,
      and your ego have a mighty fall

have you clasped your dreams,
      so close to your heart,
that waking up seems so scary,
      for your dreams might fall apart

have you watched children frolic,
      and splash about in rain,
and wished you could go back in time,
      and be a child once again

have you wondered every now and then,
      about the mystery engulfing life,
and still went on living as always,
      too harried to spare a thought

life with all its questions,
      and life indeed with all the answers,
have you ever wondered, if life is still a question,
      and we, the answer to it all?

4 comments:

Sandeep said...

Here are my answers

1) Life is too fast when we want it to be slow and too slow when we want it to be fast

2) When I into the mirror I only find a new stranger every day standing beside me ....
I wonder why those strangers are ALWAYS FEMININE!

3) I and my fate are having the same win-loss record till now

4) I only pray when times are hard
and ego has no space during times of hardship

5) My dreams are almost all the time nightmares!

6) 20 years from now, I will still be playing in rain....

7) Life is indeed a mystery we never know how it unfolds and so no point sparing a thought!

8) If Life is a big question it takes a lifetime to answer!

I find it interesting to answer questions of life!!!

Now there must be a small question in your ind....wondering who I am....

I dont know you, but I came across ur blog while browsing....and ur blog looked good....so i thought of commenting!


Frankly speaking, I am sure you actually summed up about life in less than 700 words or so...

Ketan said...

Hi!

Nice poem, yet again!

I'd be honest, I'd read your poem almost two weeks back, in a bit hurried fashion, and couldn't relate to and understand it much.

Today. I read it again, and felt there were elements I could relate to--like finding myself a changed person (not necessarily looking into a mirror) each time I look at myself. In the past, I used to like those 'changes', I used to call them development, but not any more.

My childhood's not been happy. No, am not trying to gather sympathy, but just stating it matter of factly. But which is not to mean I don't know what gay abandon means. I know it too well. I do, though, wish that I'd have 'learnt' less about life.

And foremost reason I can't relate is, I feel, I examine life, rather too much! I need to leave my laidback attitude and get on with living life the way majority of the world does--in the fast lane. I know I'm happier than the majority, but still laidback, and unmotivated I'd never wanted to be. Otherwise I stand a real risk of being stranded in life, and then regretting it later.

Just because some elements of your poem don't apply to my life doesn't mean I couldn't relate to it. I could. And I could also appreciate the literary quality of your poem, which prompted the 'yet again' above.

Can I ask you how you've been? :)

TC.

Just Me said...

@Sandeep, Thanks for your comments. Appreciate that.

@Ketan, Thank you once again for your feedback. Sorry about the delayed response to your comment. To answer your question, i have been good :) Just a tad ill for a few days..but back to my self now.Hope you have been good too!!

Ketan said...

Hi!

Good to know, you've been good :) Illness--could I be of some help? Have completed my MBBS.

Wish you good health!

TC.