Friday, April 24, 2009

P.S: I think of you

when the wind blows softly and brushes my cheek,
when words just fail me,
as i speak

when the morning sunlight fills my eye,
or darkness,
it falls and stars lit the sky

when there is fear of failure,
as i want to try,
and something deep within makes me want to cry

when fate, it plays its vicious games,
and, to hold on to,
there is nothing, but your name

when weirdness in actions,is all i seek,
no, being normal,
doesn't seem well to speak

when in a crowd i feel left alone,
when alone,
i feel i could long for no one

when i am immersed in a song,
and the words,
they catch me unawares

when my feet start tapping to the beats,
as i wish i could dance,
and swirl to the song

when the silences whisper in my ears,
and complain,
of the stifled voices near

when the overpowering chaos around me,
seems to be as tranquil,
as it ever could be

when out of nothing there seems to be everything,
all that is, all that was,
and all that ever could be

do i need a reason or rhyme,
to long for you,
to make you mine?

as i move on from day to day,
from moment to moment, from breath to breath,
all i can say is, i think of you.....

1 comment:

Ketan said...

Hi!

Nice to see a post from you finally. I can't say I've ever felt the way you've described for a prolonged period at a stretch; may be just for a few days at a time, that too rarely. But your description was so good, I felt I could relate to the feelings you've portrayed.

The most prominent feeling that came through in your poem is one of stagnation. In fact, I've seen that element in quite a few of your recent posts. I'm not trying to call stagnation good/bad or satisfying/distressing. But that's what I felt reading this poem.

Just taking a cue from our discussion on pride and rudeness, I've written a post. I'm very likely to add some more material to it in some time. I'd like your comments on it (and even on other posts subject to your finding time and interest; of course, you might find my poems just somewhat touching on "your kind of" issues; whereas you'll find the prose-blogs on the analytical side).

Just in case if posts like the current one are too personal to you, and if my commenting distresses you in anyway, am very sorry, but just let me know it does. I'll refrain from commenting.

Nice poem! TC.